Connect with local progressive and issue advocacy groups.
Help elect progressive candidates who support our values.
Visit historictriangledems.com or call (833) 757-DEMS.
Get a daily action checklist.
Try Jen Hofmann’s “Action Checklist for Americans of Conscience” or The Nation’s “Take Action.”
Make some calls.
Try 5calls.org for an easy way to contact legislators and make your voice heard. Store your representatives’ phone numbers so they’re easy to contact.
- Circle Up Middle Peninsula Educating, organizing, and mobilizing to address political issues both close to home and on state and national levels.http://www.circleupmidpen.com
- Common Ground Williamsburg Fostering local progressive change through shared suppers and actions. We seek to build consensus and find common ground on issues of importance in our community.Facebook: CommonGroundWilliamsburgVA
- Middle Peninsula Progressives Truth, compassion, inclusion, diversity. No raised voices, no clenched fists.Facebook: Middle Peninsula Progressives
- New Kent Progressives Working to advance policies that support racial, social, economic and environmental justice and ensure equal opportunity for all.Facebook group: New Kent Progress
- New Kent Democratic Committee Supporting DPVA ideals and goals, working to elect Democratic candidates and get out the vote, and educating the community.http://newkentdems.org
- Peninsula Indivisible Campaigning for progressive candidates and supporting policies to protect civil rights, immigrants, refugees, the environment, public education and more.http://www.peninsulaindivisible.com
- Peninsula Voices for Change Advancing policies of inclusion and respect for all. Members advocate on individual passions, then network and plan action.http://peninsulavoicesforchange.org
- William & Mary Young Democrats Electing Democrats at the local, state and national level through on-campus canvasses, phone banks, campaign invasions and more.Facebook: WM Young Dems
- Williamsburg Indivisible Group Researching and producing position papers via task groups, planning local action, hosting candidates and other speakers at bimonthly public meetings.Facebook: Williamsburg Indivisible Group
- Williamsburg JCC Indivisible Resistance group working to get Democrats elected, taking action on pending legislation, and hosting events.Facebook: Williamsburg JCC Indivisible
- Williamsburg-James City County Democrats Working to elect Democrats at local, state, and national levels. Monthly meetings, annual picnic and banquet.Facebook: Williamsburg James City County Democratse
- York-Poquoson Democratic Committee Supporting Democratic candidates at all levels and educating and mobilizing voters at monthly meetings.http://yorkpoqdems.org
Non-Partisan Issue Advocacy Groups
- All Together Williamsburg Bringing together local people for discussion, fostering interaction, unity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunity.alltogetherwilliamsburg.org
- Moms Demand Action – Peninsula Area Demanding reasonable solutions to address our nation’s culture of gun violence.momsdemandaction.org
- Students Demand Action – William & Mary A William & Mary student-run organization working to raise awareness of gun violence and its intersectionality.Facebook: StudentsDAWM
- The Village Building bridges between local schools and parents, connecting them with tools to aid children in reaching full potential.Facebook group: Our Village
- WUU Social Justice Spiritual community working to build a better world by promoting racial, LGBTQ, economic, and immigrant justice.http://wuu.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
- York-James City-Williamsburg NAACP Advocating equality for all via civic engagement, education, youth leadership development, and legal redress support.http://yjcwnaacp.org | email@example.com